AW: Problems with RTSP streaming - no fluent playback

Matthias Dodt MDodt at xion-medical.com
Tue Feb 28 01:22:01 PST 2012

Hello GStreamer crew!

After many hours of trial and error i figured out that there is probably
a problem with the rtpbin/udpsockets in gstreamer on windows. I would
really appreciate if somebody could verify this problem. As a test
pipeline I used the rtpbin to stream from localhost to localhost. This
should normally work without problems I guess- and it does on ubuntu.
The pipeline looks as follows:

Receiver:
========
gst-launch -v gstrtpbin name=rtpbin udpsrc
caps="application/x-rtp,media=(string)video,clock-rate=(int)90000,encodi
ng-name=(string)video/mpeg" port=5000 ! rtpbin.recv_rtp_sink_0 rtpbin. !
rtpmpvdepay ! ffdec_mpeg2video ! autovideosink udpsrc port=5001 !
rtpbin.recv_rtcp_sink_0 rtpbin.send_rtcp_src_0 ! udpsink port=5005
sync=false async=false -v

Sender:
======
gst-launch gstrtpbin name=rtpbin videotestsrc ! ffmpegcolorspace !
ffenc_mpeg2video ! rtpmpvpay ! rtpbin.send_rtp_sink_0
rtpbin.send_rtp_src_0 ! udpsink port=5000 host=127.0.0.1
rtpbin.send_rtcp_src_0 ! udpsink port=5001 host=127.0.0.1 sync=false
async=false udpsrc port=5005 ! rtpbin.recv_rtcp_sink_0 -v

At first the playback works fine but then the playback stalls randomly
and the receiver outputs from time to time "d3dvideo: There may be a
timestamping problem, or this computer is too slow."

I can only imagine that the udp socket implementation might be broken (I
used the latest OSS Beta for testing)- since the videosink is waiting
for packets?

Regards,

mat

Hi!

I am streaming an h264 encoded video in MPEG2TS. This works fine using
the RTSP Server but the playback on the client is full of artifacts
using playbin2.

However if i store the stream into a file and play it back later it
works perfect!:

(works):
=======
gst-launch-0.10 rtspsrc location=rtsp://192.168.115.34:554/test !
rtpmp2tdepay ! ffdemux_mpegts name=dem ! video/x-h264 ! filesink
location=d:/stream_demuxed_ffmpeg.video

play video/h264 file(works):
===========================
gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=d:/stream_demuxed_ffmpeg.video !
video/x-h264,width=(int)1920,height=(int)1080,framerate=(fraction)25/1 !
ffdec_h264 ! queue ! ffmpegcolorspace ! D3dvideosink

If i use playbin2 directly to playback the video the ffdec_h264
complains a lot about the stream. Setting sync=false on the videosink
will make the playback stall from time to time, but most of the
artifacts are gone. So it seems that the data is beeing transmitted to
slow? It's an HD video... But bandwidth shouldn't be a problem ...

I read something about timestamps that need to be recomputed..?

Thanks for any hint!

Cheers,

mat