translating command to code for playing an avi

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Tue Jan 3 10:56:52 PST 2012

On 01/03/2012 11:21 AM, Rossana Guerra wrote:
> I need to point out that using the gstparse it works. It fails when I
> try to create the pipeline by myself.

Hello,

   I haven't read this thread, however it seems that more often than not
when going from a gst-launch command to code to create a pipeline the
most common mistake is to try linking a decoder to the rest of the
pipeline. The issue here is that prior to the decoder getting some data,
it doesn't know how many streams it contains (a file could have multiple
audio streams for one video for example). So you have to use the
'pad-added' signals to dynamically link things once everything is ready.
If you google for the gstreamer hello world example it has an example of
doing just that. Hopefully that helps if this is the issue, otherwise
feel free to disregard this message...

--
Nathanael d. Noblet
t 403.875.4613