Pipeline syntax for decoding h264 video from pcap containing RTP/UDP

user1890246781234 litmus4inanity at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 12:43:49 PST 2012

I'm looking to get a sanity check on my pipeline syntax for extracting a
video file from a wireshark pcap containing rtp/udp for the video.

Here is the command I'm using and the error I'm receiving.

$ gst-launch filesrc location=udponly.pcap ! pcapparse !
application/x-rtp,media=video,clock-rate=90000,payload=123,encoding-name=H264
! rtph264depay ! decodebin ! autovideosink      Setting pipeline to PAUSED
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstFileSrc:filesrc0: Internal
data flow error.
Additional debug info:
..\..\..\Source\gstreamer\libs\gst\base\gstbasesrc.c(2507):
gst_base_src_loop (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstFileSrc:filesrc0:
streaming task paused, reason not-negotiated (-4)
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...