Plugin problem when cross-compiling a gst application

Marco Verza m.verza at bvtechricerca.it
Wed Jan 18 01:13:37 PST 2012

Hi,

I have determined the cause of the behaviour: the external plugin
loader being spawned by gst is the amd64 binary from the lib tree, not
the i386 from the lib32 tree.

If I set the GST_PLUGIN_SCANNER env var to the correct loader binary,
then plugins are correctly loaded.

So my next question would be how to set which plugin scanner binary to
use from within the source code, as using the environment variable is
not viable in my context.

-- Marco Verza