Usign Gstreamer with Axis IP camera

Mike Albren mike_albren at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 23 09:26:38 PST 2012

Hi ,

I am new to gstreamer and trying to use it with Axis IP camera , the camera is connected to network, and I have one computer connected to two networks including the IP camera network

I am using gst-launch on this computer to create RTP flow to feed and gst-rtsp-server that is installed in a different network

[IP camera] --- RTSP--[PC1] ----RTP flow -----[PC2 -RTSP-server]

I used the following command on PC1 to generate the rtp flow

gst-launch-0.10 -v rtspsrc location=rtsp://..... ! decodebin ! video/x-raw-yuv ! queue ! ffenc_mpeg4 ! rtpmp4vpay send-config=true ! udpsink host=pc2_ip port=1234

this command works and generate the rtp flow

ON PC2 I am creating new media factory and attach to the rtsp server , I am using the following launch factory

"( udpsrc port=1234 ! "application/x-rtp, media=(string)video, payload=(int)96, clock-rate=(int)2147483647, encoding-name=(string)MP4V-ES" ! queue ! rtpmp4vdepay ! ffdec_mpeg4 ! queue ! decodebin ! video/x-raw-yuv ! queue ! ffenc_mpeg4 bitrate=500 ! rtpmp4vpay send-config=true name=pay1 )"

When I am trying to connect to the new media factory using the rtsp link I created , i get "could not read from resource" , I think the problem in the command I am using to decode the rtp in the launch command for rtsp server. Any help please?