Lossless Codec for Gray 8-Bit and Matroska

Garbriel Neumüller horsthuchen at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 25 10:54:09 PST 2012

Hi all,

I’m looking for an Lossless codec (encoder) which supports the Grayscale
8-Bit video/x-raw-gray Format and is also supported by the matroska Muxer.

I’ve tried ffenc_huffyuv where gst-inspect says, that it supports
video/x-raw-gray But in my program when I get the sourcePad Capabilities
from the encoder. There is no x-raw-graw, only color formats are listed.

For ffenc_vhuff and ffenc_ffv1 it’s the same.

So does anybody know an appropriate Codec? Or did I missed something and the
Mentioned Codecs above work also for grayscale?

Thanks in advance

Horst