Audio Syncronisation

sujith sujithbansuri at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 02:27:31 PDT 2012

Hello..

I have a media player application that send the decoded audio streams to a
named pipe as below. I have used gdppay/gdpdepay for this

Sender side     - gst-launch filesrc location= ! mad ! gdppay ! filesink
location=
Receiving side - gst-launch filesrc location= ! gdpdepay ! alsasink

When I do "Pause" the sender side pipeline, say for 5 seconds, and do
"Resume" after, it actually jumps those 5 seconds audio and play. To resolve
this issue, I have used "sync = false" in receiving side pipeline. So my new
receiving side pipeline should be as below

Receiving side - gst-launch filesrc location= ! gdpdepay ! alsasink
sync=false

I think disabling the sync is not a good solution.  My sender side pipeline
is using using "GstSystemClock" and receving side pipeline is using
"GstAudioSinkClock". Is this is an issue for my problem?

Thanks in Advance
Sujith