File source from memory

gstqlt zlt at freemail.hu
Tue Jul 3 14:03:13 PDT 2012

Hi Guys,
I'm not an experienced user, but I really agree with that.
There should'nt be any difference between filesrc and a hypothetic 'memsrc'.
Feeding from a file - which is a byte-sequence with seek feature - is the
same as feeding the same data from a memory area (identified by a pointer).
So I think, using appsrc (and the complex protocol of it in the user's code)
is not what we need for this. Anything what I have read about this (appsrc,
mmap) seems to be a blind alley for me. I have the mp3 data in the memory.
I'd like to play it, instead of the original file.
Maybe fakesrc is a better approach? But that also seems to have a lot of
unnecessary parameters.

Am I wrong?
Thanks... gstqlt