long run gstreamer stops working without message

Thomas DEBESSE thomas.debesse at rcf.fr
Mon Jul 9 23:48:41 PDT 2012

2012/7/6 Thomas DEBESSE <thomas.debesse at rcf.fr>:
> I use gstreamer to stream sound
> between two computer, it's work nicely but after a few hours, I get
> silence without information in the logs.

I made other tests.

After the receiver becomes silent, if I restart the receiver and not
the sender, I get the sound. If I restart the sender and not the
receiver, the sound does not return. So I think I have no problem in
the pipeline that sends the sound, it's the pipeline which receives
the sound that stops.

> on another computer (receiver)
>
> caps="application/x-rtp, media=(string)audio, clock-rate=(int)44100,
> encoding-name=(string)CELT, encoding-params=(string)2,
> frame-size=(string)480, payload=(int)96"
>
> gst-launch-0.10 -v udpsrc uri="udp://prjevalski:4951" caps="$caps" \
>                 ! gstrtpjitterbuffer latency=60 drop-on-latency=true \
>                 ! rtpceltdepay \
>                 ! celtdec \
>                 ! audioconvert \
>                 ! audioresample \
>                 ! "audio/x-raw-int,rate=44100,width=16,channels=2" \
>                 ! alsasink device=nvidia_front sync=false
>
> I've also tested with "queue max-size-buffers=100 leaky=downstream"
> before "audioconvert" element.
>
> The sound is transmitted for several hours before I get silence.

I guess the problem is in one of these elements.
I gave the parameters "latency = 60 drop-on-latency = true" to the
element "gstrtpjitterbuffer" to make sure my sound does not delay.

Someone sees a problem in my pipeline, or can point to any setting to
be applied?
Do you have an idea to help me diagnose what is wrong and what happens?

Thank you in advance.

--
Thomas DEBESSE
RCF Méditerrannée