gst-vaapi and opengl

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.co.uk
Wed Jul 11 08:05:30 PDT 2012

Le mercredi 11 juillet 2012 à 01:52 -0700, leo yvin a écrit :
> I created an useless /GstVaapiTexture/ with /gst_vaapi_texture_new/
> and i
> don't understand why but it produced an error with /vaCopySurfaceGLX/
> (resource allocation failed).

I usually don't recommend using this API, but for your interest you may
be using the wrong VADisplay. At least with Intel driver, it's mandatory
that the display is unique over all your pipeline. You might be
interested adding support for GstVideoContext too. For this, in your
application, you should watch for prepare-video-context message on
synchronous bus, use gst_video_context_message_parse_prepare() to check
if it's such a message. You can then set a display, gstreamer-vaapi
support "vaapi-display" for the basic VADisplay, "gst-vaapi-display" for
the one seen in the wrapper library and the standard one if running on
X11 (x11-display and x11-display-name). See videocontext.c in
gst-plugins-bad for more information. If on X11, calling XInitThreads()
is strongly recommended, unless you know what you are doing.

cheers,
Nicolas