How to change properties of elements in a pipeline?

bboyavatar liubing204 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 00:55:48 PDT 2012

Hello everyone,
   I want to change the property of one element which is already linked in a
pipeline, for example, change the framerate when playing a video stream on
the screen. I wonder if I could set the state of the pipeline to
GST_STATE_READY and change the property using g_object_set() function, and
then set the state of the pipeline back to GST_STATE_PLAYING. Actually this
does not work and gives an segment error. Can anyone know how to make it?
Thanks very much!