pros and cons of C++ vs Python - opinions please

Erick Pérez Castellanos erickpc at gnome.org
Wed Jul 18 13:49:53 PDT 2012

I agree with mostly with "stick to what you know unless is really
necesary to use anything else". But, and this is just my own story.
Recently I started building an app using gstreamer for multimedia
handling and I started using python, cause it seemed easy, I've been
programmed with python before so I'm not new to the language.
The main problem I encountered was the bindings, you're adding a layer
of complexity just by using python wrappers over the C API.

What I recommend is to build your app using C++ and use C API of
gstreamer which is documented, tested and easy to debug.

As said in the thread there's C++ bindings, but I'd stick to the C API
as much as I could.

Regards