how to set name for each thread in gstreamer

Soho Soho123 soho123.2012 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 21:38:04 PDT 2012

Hi,Sir,

I know the thread name from linux kernel, since I add printk in/kernel/sys.c
function sys_prctl(),
But I do not know where is the code to start thread in gstreamer code?
If I know the code, I can use prctl() to modify the name that I want.
Below is the example that I got when gstreamer playing mp3 file.

It confused me about the name "pool", and "aqueue:src",
the name "audiosink-ringb" seems be truncated as you mentioned.
Do you have idea about where is the code start thread in gstreamer?

sys_prctl, 1769, pid=7934, name=pool
sys_prctl, 1769, pid=7935, name=pool
sys_prctl, 1769, pid=7936, name=pool
sys_prctl, 1769, pid=7936, name=aqueue:src
sys_prctl, 1769, pid=7939, name=audiosink-ringb