Cannot use gstreamer-sdk 2012.7 with python

mingqian Han mq_han at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 30 00:46:04 PDT 2012

Hi all,

    I am using gstreamer sdk v2012.7 offered by gstreamer.com to develop apps on Windows 7 32bit.
    The tutorial that comes with the sdk gets built successfully and runs ok.
    But I cannot have my python codes run with the sdk. I am working with python 2.7.3, and I added %GSTREAMER_SDK_ROOT_X86%\lib\python2.7\site-packages to PYTHONPATH, and %GSTREAMER_SDK_ROOT_X86%\bin to PATH.
    Whenever I run the codes, it fails and shows:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "justplayer.py", line 7, in <module>
import gst
  File "d:/gstreamer-sdk/0.10/x86/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gst-0.10\gst\__ini
t__.py", line 193, in <module>
    from _gst import *
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

    Could anyone help me how to solve the problem?

Thanks,

Rafael