static plugins for gstreamer for iOS

Guetcho Guetchev getcho.getchev at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 10:52:22 PDT 2012

Hello guys,
I am trying to port streamer and some of it's plugins to iOS. So far I managed to compile everything in static libraries (.a files).
However I want to ask: is it possible to make certain plugins (filesink, filesrc, jpeg or whatever) to be loaded not from .so files on request but automatically upon the application launch?
Some  may answer quickly that the static linking sucks in terms of Gstreamer usage and the advanced way is to use shared objects and that in the embedded linux everything is in shared objects. Well,  I have an answer ready for them: in iOS  is impossible to create shared objects. Toolchain restrictions.

I saw there were some kind of macro GST_PLUGIN_DEFINE_STATIC but it seems deprecated.
Should I create some wrappers of the desired plugins using the get_plugin_register_static() or there is a more elegant way to do this?
Thanks in advance,
G.

P.S.

And by the way the boilerplate for plugin creation gst-template sucks. A little. The autogen.sh script does not comprehend the --host argument and every time it is run it tries to execute an ARM binary upon compiler executable output check.