Text test source element

iron_guitarist1987 jtrinidadperez at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 11:11:44 PDT 2012

Sorry for being so naive, but I am still new to gstreamer, and the
development guide isn't as thorough as I would like it to be.

static GstFlowReturn
gst_text_test_src_create (GstBaseSrc * basesrc, guint64 offset,
    guint length, GstBuffer ** buffer)
{
  GstFlowReturn res;
  GstTexttestsrc *src;
  src = GST_TEXT_TEST_SRC (basesrc);
  GstBuffer *buf;
  char *data = "test string";

  buf = gst_buffer_new_and_alloc (sizeof(data));
  buf->data = data;

  buffer = buf;

  return GST_FLOW_OK;
}

I get:

$ gst-launch -v videotestsrc pattern=1 ! georeg name=s ! ffmpegcolorspace !
ximagesink texttestsrc ! s.
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstTexttestsrc:texttestsrc0:
Could not negotiate format
Additional debug info:
gstbasesrc.c(2787): gst_base_src_start ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstTexttestsrc:texttestsrc0:
Check your filtered caps, if any
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

-----
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the World that Java was better than C++.