Fluendo decoder and OpenGl rendering

leo yvin yvin.leo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 09:29:21 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to use gstreamer and a fluendo decoder (fluvadec) to play a video
in an opengl texture.
How can I link the source pad of fluvadec and diplay the video in a texture
without using the CPU?

Currently, I'm using gst-plugins-gl and this is my pipeline (video .mov):

filesrc -> qtdemux -> fluvadec -> glupload -> gleffects -> fakesink

I link the gleffects element with my openGl context but i loose the Hardware
decoding speed with the link fluvadec->glupload. I'm a beginner with
gstreamer, so any help or any idea will be useful  (and sorry for my bad
english).

Thanks!

Léo