Unable to seek audio files with playbin2; manual seek also broken in plugins-good-0.10.31

Eric Montellese eric.montellese at videon-central.com
Thu Jun 21 10:40:54 PDT 2012

It's surprising to me as well.  I have two log files - one from gst-launch
and one from gst_parse_launch.  The one from gst-launch contains many
references to aacparse; the one from gst_parse_launch does not.  Both
command lines are identical (just playbin2 and the uri parameter).

Unfortunately the method in which playbin2 is being instantiated (with
gst_parse_launch) is dictated by the customer.  It may be possible to
convince them to modify this, but ideally it would be best to be able to
work within that framework.

Regardless, I'll try out your suggestion to see if it has an effect.

Any other ideas though for gst_parse_launch with playbin2?

Thanks,
Eric

log files are here, for reference:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sf809r7jx78x8