Unable to seek audio files with playbin2; manual seek also broken in plugins-good-0.10.31

Eric Montellese eric.montellese at videon-central.com
Thu Jun 21 13:26:36 PDT 2012

Tim,

I'm new to this piece of gstreamer -- to confirm, the below is what I did.
 Is this what you intended?

//in the _setcaps() function.   (only the related code is copied)

name = gst_structure_get_name (structure);
if (!strcmp (name, "audio/mpeg") || !strcmp (name, "audio/x-mpeg")) {
    gst_structure_get_int (structure, "mpegversion", &mpegversion);
    switch (mpegversion) {
      case 2:
      case 4:
        {
          // I added this.  Is this as intended?
          gboolean framed;
          gst_structure_get_boolean (structure, "framed", &framed);
          if (!framed)
          {
            return FALSE;
          }
          // end added stuff
        }
    }
}

Doing this, I get no audio playing -- so I'm guessing that's not what you
intended :)

Thanks,
Eric