Ideal pipe for streaming live with minimal delay

IamTrying iamtrying.test at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 03:33:24 PDT 2012

I have tested this to verify who is the cause for my research and
development, was having the same problem.

### Relevant causes can be:

1) Hardware performance
2) Encoder/decoder performance
3) Network performance
4) Bad TCP, Good UDP network politics

### Hardware to give Gst plenty space, to play friendly

a) 4 PC with i7 processor and 16GB RAM, latest/greatest Gst version as:
> sender (to give max room for dealing packet switching)
b) 4 PC with i7 processor and 16GB RAM, latest/greatest Gst version as:
> receiver (to give breath room for dealing packet exchange)
c) 4 PC with i7 processor and 16GB RAM as old version's of Gst sender using
bisect
d) 4 PC with i7 processor and 16GB RAM as old version's of Gst receiver
using bisect

e) Spare parts of processor + ram to lower the hardware profile's too

### Encoder/decoder

a) vp8
b) h264
c) h263

### Network infrastructure (collection)

a) cheap router
b) expensive highest modern latest router
c) cheap switch
d) expensive highest modern latest switch
e) bad cables, old cables
f) perfect cables

g) location setup in USA, Belgium, Australia
> find the culprit of ISP level
(
 lie with bandwidth upload/download promises,
 not doing well there job's, and creating the network confusions
)
> higher the hop, higher the latency
> find packet loss

h) location setup in LAN to LAN in one building
> less-est hop, less-est latency
> avoid packet loss

i) location setup in Local country (not outside country and same ISP)
> less hop, less latency
> trace packets lost report ISP

### Bad TCP, Good UDP network politics

a) Making the whole Gst with plain UDP
b) Making the whole Gst with plain TCP
c) Making the whole Gst with rtp/rtcp

### Lessons to learn from this is that

- Network is main cause
- long distance, more hop, create more latency
- less distance, less hop, create less latency
- ISP blocks UDP packets for there mismanagement, TCP should be used
- Local to Local can use UDP (as no body rules, you are the boss of your own
network)

- Having high profile encoder/decoder should not use low profile PC
specially CPU and RAM

### My Result

Shocking, it works, found the problem, identified the problem with this
thread information's.

Good luck once you face this kind of issue, once.