Unable to seek audio files with playbin2; manual seek also broken in plugins-good-0.10.31

Eric Montellese eric.montellese at videon-central.com
Tue Jun 26 10:26:53 PDT 2012

Tim,

No luck so far.  Here are the details of where I'm at:

** For an AAC file, setting framed=true makes playbin2 autoplug the
aacparse element.  (yay!)

** However, the parse element is not autoplugged for mp3 (normal mpeg 1,
layer 3) no matter how I set the caps.  (at least anything I've tried).

** My custom decodersink has these caps:
      audio/mpeg
            mpegversion: { 2, 4 }
                 framed: true
      audio/mpeg
            mpegversion: 1
                  layer: 3
                 parsed: true
This is actually more restrictive than it was originally, but in trying to
remove variables, this is what it is set to.  With the caps set this way,
the audio does play, but doesn't seek (the parser is not added to the
pipeline).

** When I look at the dot-output png pipeline image (linked below), I do
not see "parsed=true" appearing on the connections between elements for the
mp3 pipeline.

** With the AAC pipeline, I do see framed=true printed on the connections
between elements.  Does this indicate that the framed=true capability is
being honored but not the parsed=true capability?

** The aacparse element has this src pad:
  SRC template: 'src'
    Availability: Always
    Capabilities:
      audio/mpeg
                 framed: true
            mpegversion: { 2, 4 }
          stream-format: { raw, adts, adif }

** The mpegaudioparse element has this src pad:
  SRC template: 'src'
    Availability: Always
    Capabilities:
      audio/mpeg
            mpegversion: 1
                  layer: [ 1, 3 ]
                   rate: [ 8000, 48000 ]
               channels: [ 1, 2 ]
                 parsed: true

So, everything appears to be analogous; however, it seems that the
capabilities are not having an effect on the playbin2 autoplugging in the
mp3 case.  Any ideas on what direction to head?  So far, my biggest
curiosity is why the mp3 pipeline does not show the parsed=true capability.
 Is that a good direction to head, or is there a simple unrelated
explanation?

I'm uploading both pipelines here as the "seektest" png files, so that you
can see what I'm referring to:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sf809r7jx78x8

Thanks!
Eric