MP3 + JPEG --> MP4 - what's wrong with this pipeline?

Michael Niemand michael.niemand at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 6 09:20:31 PST 2012

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 6:26 PM, Tim-Philipp Müller <t.i.m at zen.co.uk> wrote:

> [...]
>
> The problematic bit is "mux. ! filesink"
>
> mux. means 'link the left element to a suitable pad on the element named
> mux', so the ! after that doesn't make sense.

Thanks for your answer! I haven't yet understood it completely though. What
I wanted to do was to provide a sink pad to the muxer where the muxer can
link its source pad (=the muxed mp4 stream) to. In the pipeline you
provided, the filesink has no sink, does it?

> Try:
>
> gst-launch filesrc location=audio.mp3 ! mp3parse ! mp4mux name=mux
> filesink location=output.mp4  filesrc location=image.jpg ! jpegdec !
> x264enc ! mux.

I've tried it and the pipeline starts! Thanks a lot again! But: after a few
dozen "<mpegaudioparse0> invalid sync" it hangs, the generated mp4 file is
empty (0 Bytes). What can I do? I'm pretty new to gstreamer ... thanks for
your patience