gst_send_event and gst_new_event_eos()

Rossana Guerra guerra.rossana at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 09:27:11 PST 2012

Hello Tim, the context is very straightforward, I need to stop playing a
video in order to fit certain schedulling issues/rules.
So as I said before, if I have a video1 which lasts 2 mins, but video2 is
scheduled to start at the next minute, I need to stop video1. I need it to
play just one minute.

This is the pipeline:

textoverlay ----- ffmpegcolor ---- videoscale --- autovideosink

                          decodebin2 ----queue
---audioconvert----audioresample---alsasink    // audio
(.avi)                  |
filescr----avidemux

                          decodebin2 --- queue ---
textoverlay.video_sink     // video

(.srt)
filescr -----parse ------textoverlay.text_sink

I was intended to do it with gst_element_send_event(pipeline,
gst_event_new_eos()) and a 'trigger' [1]

gst_clock_new_single_shot_id, where the gst_clock_id_wait_async has a
callback function which calls [1].

But it doesn't work, I don't know if it's the best idea or the functions
are in wrong places.

Thanks for any suggestion.

Rossana