Patches - Add winks to MinGW target

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Mon Mar 12 15:28:45 PDT 2012

Hi all,

Fedora is improving cross compiling support and the very latest MinGW
packages (w64-based) are going into Fedora 17. I was interested in using
gstreamer for grabbing frames from a webcam and noticed that, by
default, the ksvideosrc (winks) plugin is not compiled. The winks
Makefile has a specific comment that the plugin is "not buildable",
however, I have built it under MinGW with a few minor changes.

The attached patches are broken into the following:
1-winks Makefile: Pretty self explanatory.
2-sys Makefile: Self explanatory, but you'll probably want a
configure-tunable switch for winks.
3-ksvideohelpers.c: MEDIASUBTYPE_I420 is already defined by MinGW-w64.
This should be tunable with a #if !define block.
4-kshelpers.c: STATIC_KSPROPSETID_Wave_Queued is not defined if
NTDDI_VERSION is greater than NTDDI_WS03 according to the MinGW-w64
header ksmedia.h. I just defined it in the source as a workaround.

The resulting binary (libgstwinks.dll) reports the ksvideosrc video
source when I run gst-inspect in Windows 7. It shouldn't be too
difficult to get this plugin officially enabled with autotools should it?

Thanks,
Michael