Animated images

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu Mar 15 04:52:07 PDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-03-15 at 12:39 +0100, Stefan Kost wrote:

> > Genghis Khan <genghiskhan at gmx.ca> wrote:
> >
> >> Can GStreamer play APNG and GIF images?
> >> MPlayer can play animated GIF images.
>
> gdkpixbufdec might handle them.

I don't think it does. I wrote a patch to make gdkpixbufdec handle
animated gifs ages ago, but if I remember correctly I didn't push it
because all images had to be decoded into memory, which would have made
it easy to construct files that use ridiculous amounts of memory or make
the app crash.

Perhaps there's something in gst-ffmpeg that doesn't have this problem.

Cheers
 -Tim