Icecast2 and Gstreamer

Luís Octávio Zimmemann de Borba Maia tato.zimmermann at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 05:40:17 PDT 2012

Hi. I am wondering if anyone can help me in this one. I am using 2
Notebooks(NB1 and NB2) and a USBCamera connected in NB1 for some tests and
I need to create a scenario, where NB1 with gstreamer sends the images of
USBCamera to NB2. Such images are sent to Icecast2, running on NB2, using
shout2send. I have tried some things. But it is not working.

gst-launch v4l2src device=/dev/video1 ! queue ! ffmpegcolorspace !
video/x-raw-yuv, width=320,height=240 ! theoraenc quality=16 ! queue !
oggmux ! udpsink host=xx.xx.xx.xx port=5000

gst-launch udpsrc port=5000 ! shout2send mount=/test.ogg port=8000
password=hackyou ip=127.0.0.1

Icecast2 receives some information but the video dont load.

gst-launch-0.10 version 0.10.35
GStreamer 0.10.35

# Luís Octávio Zimmermann de Borba Maia
# Pesquisador na área de redes - GCAP - IFC
# Acadêmico do 5° período em Sistemas de Informação - Instituto Federal
Catarinense
# http://about.me/luis.zimmermann