Overlaying an image on a live stream

Stefan Sauer ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Sun Mar 18 06:07:55 PDT 2012

On 03/16/2012 01:00 PM, kususe wrote:
> Ok, thanks.
> But it still doesn't work. I tried to change the video format too.
> I made:
>
> gst-launch filesrc location=video.webm ! \ matroskademux ! queue
> name=queuev ! vp8dec ! video/x-matroska, \ framerate=\(fraction\)10/1,
> width=200, height=100 ! videomixer \ name=mix !  ffmpegcolorspace !
> autovideosink filesrc \ location=geo.png ! pngdec ! image/png, width=50,
> \ height=50 ! imagefreeze !  mix.
> ATTENZIONE: pipeline errata: impossibile collegare vp8dec0 a mix.
> (impossible to link vp8dec0 to mix.)

This pipleine makes not much sense. How should vp8dec decode to
"video/x-matroska", same for pngdec. Try something like below
(untested). You want to ensure that videomixer receives the same format.

gst-launch filesrc location=video.webm ! \ matroskademux ! queue name=queuev ! \
vp8dec ! ffmpegcolorspace ! "video/x-raw-yuv, format=I420" ! videomixer name=mix !  ffmpegcolorspace ! autovideosink \
filesrc location=geo.png ! pngdec ! imagefreeze !  ffmpegcolorspace ! "video/x-raw-yuv, format=I420" ! mix.

Stefan