mpeg-2 to mpeg-4

Martijn Grendelman martijn at iphion.nl
Wed Mar 21 04:00:58 PDT 2012

On 20-03-12 13:21, prototype18 wrote:
> Hello everyone, i want to read mpeg-2 file demux it encode video(h262 to
> raw), encode audio(mp3 to raw) then decode video(raw to h264) decode
> audio(raw to aac) mux it and sink it as mp4 file. But every time i stuck in
> encoding and decoding video and audio. I need to create pipe which will do
> all this job. Pleas help me

It seems to me you have the terms 'encode' and 'decode' mixed up.

What pipeline(s) have you tried so far?

It shouldn't be very difficult, something along the lines of:

gst-launch -v uridecodebin uri=file:///... name=decode ! queue !
ffmpegcolorspace ! x264enc ! queue ! mux. decode. ! queue ! audioconvert !
audioresample ! faac ! queue ! mux. ffmux_mp4 name=mux ! filesink location=...

Cheers,
Martijn.