Damaged aspectratio and unsynch'd signal noise at bottom of video window

Steve Cookson it at sca-uk.com
Fri Mar 23 07:01:23 PDT 2012

Hi Guys,

I have a piece of code showing:

gst-launch v4l2src device=/dev/video1 ! videoscale !
video/x-raw-yuv,width=1024,height=600 ! videorate !
video/x-raw-yuv,framerate=25/2 ! tee name=t \
t. ! queue ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ximagesink \
t. ! queue ! y4menc ! filesink location=vid_tmp.mkv

When used with my USB webcam on video0, it works perfectly.

When used on my old Sony 7.2 MegaPixel CyberShot via a BNC cable and an
EasyCap video capture USB stick I get a broken picture. The top half is
distorted (correct width and 50% height) and the bottom is a copy of the top
with an unsynch'd frame.

The top half of the code works fine on its own, ie:

gst-launch v4l2src device=/dev/video1 ! videoscale !
video/x-raw-yuv,width=1024,height=600 ! videorate !
video/x-raw-yuv,framerate=25/2 ! tee name=t \
t. ! queue ! ffmpegcolorspace ! Ximagesink.

But when I add the

t. ! queue ! y4menc ! filesink location=vid_tmp.mkv

It goes wrong.

I guess the Easycap card is a bit unreliable in certain circumstances.  What
can I do to stabilise the picture?

Thanks and regards

Steve