Adding the gstlal project to the apps page

chad hanna channa at perimeterinstitute.ca
Wed Mar 28 07:31:12 PDT 2012

Hi,

Colleagues and I have been using gstreamer for the last few years to
develop a suite of GPL'ed gravitational wave[1] analysis tools for the
LIGO Scientific Collaboration[2]. The project, called gstlal, is now
reaching a "mature enough" level that we were wondering if we might be
able to get a spot on the applications page[3].  Currently our project
page[4] is fairly sparse, but that will change considerably in the
next few months.  If this is okay with folks, am I able to submit a
patch to the app page html? Is it stored in a repository somewhere
that I can clone?  I of course understand that this project is
different in scope than the other projects listed on that page (I
doubt many outside our community will have use for it), but I think it
is a fun example of some of the really cool stuff that is being done
with gstreamer.

many thanks,

Chad

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_wave
[2] http://ligo.org/
[3] http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/apps/
[4] https://www.lsc-group.phys.uwm.edu/daswg/projects/gstlal.html

--
Chad Hanna
Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics