[0.11] ffmpegdec and FF_THREAD_FRAME

Matej Knopp matej.knopp at inmethod.com
Tue May 1 14:34:26 PDT 2012

Hi,

Multithreaded frame decoding in gst-ffmpeg (FF_THREAD_FRAME) is broken
currently, does anyone know why it doesn't work? Is it a regression?
Has it always been broken? Is it only broken with libav or was it
broken with ffmpeg too?

I did attempt to debug it, but I got stuck as I don't know how the
multithreaded debugging is supposed to work internally. There seems to
be a problem with H264Contexts' nal_unit_types not matching during nal
unit decoding, but I can't figure out why. Any help with this would be
most appreciated.

Thanks,

-Matej