2's complement conversion filter

elellilrah alinsdau at yahoo.com
Tue May 1 17:10:13 PDT 2012

Ah!  So the path variable wasn't set, as the writers guide suggested.
For the future, after doing the above, type the following:
export GST_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/local/lib/gstreamer-0.10/
then run
make && sudo make install
and now my plugin is registered, or at least gst-inspect shows it with
gst-inspect myplugin

However, I learned that the vestigial problem of having mymyplugin gets
spread throughout the .c file!
Once I get rid of that, and run
make && sudo make install
then I can run
gst-launch videotestsrc ! myplugin ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ximagesink
and get printf messages that something is working.  That's great!  Now to
figure out how to do the word-by-word 2's complement to unsigned
conversion...