No subject

Tue May 1 23:18:48 PDT 2012

The current approach of layers in PiTiVi does not provide more
functionality than grouping video and audio sources in different levels.
I want to add an advanced layer system to the PiTiVi video editor to
improve the video editing workflow and user experience. This is based on
two ideas. On the one hand putting more functionality into layers helps
to avoid repetitive tasks like adjusting volume and panning, muting or
applying effects to clips. On the other hand improving the management of
layers by offering to name, reorder, fold and resize them makes working
with layers more convenient.

You can usually find me in #pitivi on freenode as palango. My code will
be hosted on github: https://github.com/palango

regards,
Paul

[1]