How to over come these Warnings in using XOverlay to display on Win32 window

Luis de Bethencourt luis at debethencourt.com
Wed May 2 10:50:37 PDT 2012

On 2 May 2012 12:32, vivekr <vivekramakrishnan at iitb.ac.in> wrote:
> ** (Xoverlay.exe:6108): CRITICAL **: file c:\documents and
> settings\ramakrvi\my
> documents\visual studio 2005\projects\xoverlay\xoverlay\xoverlay.cpp: line
> 377:
> assertion `overlay != NULL' failed
>
> (Xoverlay.exe:6108): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot register existing type
> `Gst
> XOverlay'
>
> (Xoverlay.exe:6108): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **:
> g_type_interface_add_prerequisite
> : assertion `G_TYPE_IS_INTERFACE (interface_type)' failed
>
> (Xoverlay.exe:6108): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from
> `GstDirectDrawSi
> nk' to `<invalid>'
>
> ** (Xoverlay.exe:6108): CRITICAL **: file
> ..\..\..\Source\gstreamer\gst\gstinter
> face.c: line 157: assertion `gst_element_implements_interface (GST_ELEMENT
> (from
> ), iface_type)' failed
>

> These are the warnings that one gets when we use the XOverlay interface for
> displaying on Win32 window.
>
> Please throw some light.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Vivek Ramakrishnan

You seam to have multiple Criticals and Warnings. Try to fix one by one.
The first seams to be that the overlay pointer hasn't been set (still NULL).

I would recommend you look into the code of a similar application of what
you are trying to do. Specially one which you can build and run in Windows,
so you confirm you have all the neccesary system libraries.

Luis