Pipeline Debugging.

Richard tuxbox.guru at gmail.com
Sat May 5 05:36:41 PDT 2012

Hi All,

Is there a method in Gstreamer to determine which component in the
pipeline has stalled. Currently I have a FIFO file written to by an
application, this FIFO file is read by a filesrc SRC component and
after mangling the data is written to a FDSINK (which is a TCP/IP
handle to a Video viewer)

Randomly (it feels like it) the Gstreamer pipeline stops consuming
data out the FIFO and then it overflows. I have to tear the pipeline
down and re-start it for the data flow to resume.

Is there callback function/callback that shows how many packets were
consumed/produced as I have no idea what pipe is stalling.

I am using a leaky queue before the fdsink to help protect the
MPEGTSDEMUX/other components but even in this case the filesource
stops reading data.

I have tried using GST_DEBUG but that spams the console its almost
unusable... any alternatives to find out where the holdup is occuring?

Richard