Building gstreamermm from Git (buildroot cross-compile)

Mohammad Afaneh mafaneh at gmail.com
Tue May 8 05:49:44 PDT 2012

Hi All,

I've been stuck in getting this to work for the past week. We are trying to
build GStreamermm from the Git repository using Buildroot cross-compile.
Any documentation or experience on how to get it to work ?

Here is the status of what I am running into:
- To use the Git repo we needed to include mm-common to generate
mm-common-prepare and use it for the autoreconf preparation step. This
seems to work fine.
- The autogen.sh script enables maintainer mode, which in effect does not
work with cross-compile (also aligns with what's mentioned in the README
file).
- When disabling maintainer-mode it starts by building the
gstreamer/gstreamermm folder (which fails since the src files have not been
generated yet I believe).
- If we disable checking the plugins while maintainer mode is enabled (the
step in configure.ac that doesn't work with cross-compile) we run into the
following issue: the tools folder seems to cause issues because they will
be built for the target.

Any help would be appreciated. I wasn't sure if this should be sent to the
gtkmm list instead but I thought it wouldn't hurt to see if anyone has had
experience with this.

Thanks,
Mohammad