Gstreamer execution problem

lchand lchand_p at yahoo.com
Tue May 8 05:51:42 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am new to gstreamer,

When I execute
 gst-inspect-0.10 osssink
Getting: No such element or plugin 'osssink'

Even for gst-launch-0.10 audiotestsrc ! audioconvert ! audioresample !
osssink
getting ERROR: pipeline could not be constructed: no element "audiotestsrc"

I downloaded & installed the following plugins on Ubuntu PC:
* gstreamer-0.10.36
* gst-plugins-base-0.10.36
* gst-plugins-good-0.10.31
* gst-plugins-bad-0.10.23
* gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.19
* gst-ffmpeg-0.10.13
* gst-phytho-0.10.6

All plugins compiled with --prefix=/usr/local

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
export GST_PLUGIN_PATH= /usr/local/lib/gstreamer-0.10

All the plugins got successfully compiled.

Please help whether anything I am missing in the installation.

Thanks
L. Chand