Sending data using UDPSINK/UDPSRC

tantor2012 zantiago at gmail.com
Wed May 9 09:40:54 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am trying to use udpsink/udpsrc to send and receive RGB images of size
320x240x3.

Sending:
In the sink I have our own source plugin which
 - captures image from our camera
 - places in a buffer of the image size.

I connect the output of this to gst-launch -v srcplugin ! udpsink port=2000

Receiving"
we have our own sink plugin which is supposed to just get the data. the
pipeline here is gst-launch udpsrc port=2000 ! sinkplugin ! filesink
location=test.txt

The receiving part just waits and nothing is written to the file.

Instead of our own plugins i have tried to use appsrc and appsink with the
same result. Nothing is written to the file.

How can we achieve this? The aim is to send raw image data from one computer
to another.

Thanks