CameraBin2 -- No joy running the code in /tests/examples/camerabin2

hte wam htewam at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 14:18:26 PDT 2012

Setup - Ubuntu precise - downloaded gst-plugins-bad-0.10.23 tarball and built with:
      ./configure --with-gtk=3.0 --with-default-videosrc=videotestsrc

I was able to get the non-GTK example working with the following:
    $ ./gst-camerabin2-test --video-source=videotestsrc --mode=2 --viewfinder-sink=ximagesink
        (giving me a brief .mp4 file containing the test pattern along with popping up the viewfinder/preview window)

Problem - ./example/gst-camerabin2 - I want to replicate something similar to above but using the GTK example instead.  Not sure what video input source the example code uses as a default.  I just want to use videotestsrc but see no way to pass in an alternate video source or to specify any of the other sources/sinks/caps....  is there an assumption on hardware or configuration that I need to have to just get this to work "out-of-box"?  It comes up with the GTK menu/overlay and the buttons work -- but there is no video preview displayed and capture buttons will result in a hang.

Thanks