get different message from two same element

simosimo amzieb11 at gmail.com
Sat May 12 06:54:17 PDT 2012

I wrote a pygst code for transcoding, I use an element in the pipeline in two
place. I need differentiates between messages of this element.
for example :

gst-launch v4l2src ! *element* ! videoscale ! videorate ! encoding !
decoding ! *element *! filesrc ....

in this pipeline i use twise  *element * , for the same element i get the
same message, i want to get two different field in the message to
differentiates the element place

I use:
message-name = message.structure.get_name()
if message-name == "name":
  code here

but the same element use the same "name", so how can make the differnce
between messages?

thanks