xvidenc + libmp3lame out of sync...

andrea sarkiaponius at alice.it
Wed May 16 08:10:26 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm using the following command line (with reference to some shell
variables) to download streams from Italian broadcast RAI.TV:

gst-launch-0.10 rtspsrc location="$URL" \
  ! decodebin2 name=decoder \
  decoder. \
  ! queue \
  ! xvidenc bitrate=$VBT \
  ! mux. \
  decoder. \
  ! audioconvert \
  ! audioresample \
  ! audio/x-raw-int, rate=44100 \
  ! lamemp3enc target=bitrate cbr=true bitrate=128 \
  ! queue \
  ! mux. \
  avimux name=mux \
  ! filesink location="$DEST"

It usually works, but sometimes the resulting videos go out of sync
after some minutes. Some other times audio and video are slightly out of
sync constantly throughout the show.

I'm not a developer, I simply try to use gstreamer for very simple
applications. I wander if the above pipeline misses something that is
needed to guarantee the sync.

Here are some example for $URL:

rtsp://wms2.rai.it/raitrecdn/raitre/ulisse/Ulisse_PUNTATE/156723.wmv
rtsp://wms2.rai.it/raitrecdn/raitre/ulisse/Ulisse_PUNTATE/433069.wmv

Any hint would be very much appreciated.

Best regards.
--
Andrea <sarkiaponius'at'alice.it>