Is there support for SVC encoding/decoding?

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.com
Wed May 16 11:31:07 PDT 2012

Hi,

On Wed, 2012-05-16 at 18:39 +0100, Luis de Bethencourt wrote:
> Does ffmpeg support it?
> Take a look at avdec_h264 in gst-ffmepg.

ffmpeg doesn't support SVC, there is an open SVC decoder called "Open
SVC Decoder", but I don't think anyone has bothered to wrap it.

One of the reasons for that is that there is no open source SVC encoder
and writing one is entirely non-trivial. But if one licenses a
proprietary one, then it would be relatively easy to wrap it. I guess
the lack of an encoder explains that no one has written a layer-pealing
plugin.

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.com