Dinamically change filesrc in videomixer

Stefan Sauer ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Sun May 20 13:07:23 PDT 2012

On 05/11/2012 11:02 AM, kususe wrote:
> I'd like to change filesrc in videomixer in order to overlay images generates
> in according to a timestamp.
> So, I started implementing the pipeline with a fixed image and it works.
> Then, I tried to, after creating png file, to overlay it, changing the state
> of pipeline to READY, setting the new filesrc, thern again to PLAYING.
> But it doesn''t work and I have to stop using shell the script and kill it.
>
> Suggestions?
It's probably easier to write your own videosrc based on something like
videotestsrc that would produce the overlay stream. Then you could
define your 'program' as a textfile that lists image file-names for
timestamps and when you hit the timestamp you load the image (e.g. using
gdk-pixbuf) and send it out for all subsequent frames.

> (original purpose is to overlay images in according to a timestamp.
> Coglogoinsert gets me a segfalut, yet reported to bugzilla, not yet worked
> out.
> Rsvgoverlay gets me a memory leak, reporting soon)
There is gdkpixbufoverlay too.

Stefan