How to list elements used by playbin2?

Mart Raudsepp leio at gentoo.org
Wed May 23 13:14:27 PDT 2012

On K, 2012-05-23 at 22:16 +0300, Kyrylo V Polezhaiev wrote:
> Hello, I want to insert several dlls in my software installer.
> So, I need to know, what plugins to include. My program uses playbin2 and two other gstreamer elements.
> How can I ask playbin2 to list the elements he used?

You could look at a debug log with GST_DEBUG=GST_ELEMENT_FACTORY:3 in
your enviroment to see which elements are created.
However, you need to keep in mind that playbin2 does auto-plugging of
elements based on the media container, used video/audio codec and so on,
so by including elements purely based on such metrics, only the same
kind of media files will be possible to be played then. This may be fine
if your application only uses GStreamer to play also included known
media, not user chosen. Otherwise you should probably take a different
approach in choosing which element plugins to include.