Problem building gstreamer_ndk_bundle (maybe gstreamer + OS related)

Marko Matić cipiripper at gmail.com
Wed May 30 08:01:25 PDT 2012

Hi all,

these days I am having a GREAT trouble building gstreamer_ndk_bundle.
First it says that it is missing "gmarshal.h", if I download and
compile glib-2.33.1 source, and copy the gmarshal.h from there into
/home/marko/gstreamer_ndk_build/glib/gobject, building of
gstreamer_ndk_bundle continues past the error thrown earlier, but then
throws new error:

/home/marko/gstreamer_ndk_bundle/jni/../glib/gobject/gmarshal.c:149:
undefined reference to `g_value_get_schar'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [/home/marko/gstreamer_ndk_bundle/obj/local/armeabi/libgobject-2.0.so]
Error 1

Now, I have checked and the glib-2.33.1 has the g_value_get_schar
defined, and I have exported GLIB_GENMARSHAL and GLIB_COMPILE_SCHEMAS
env variables correctly (to point to respected binaries in glib-2.33.1
folder), I have installed all packages that hold "glib" and "dev" in
their name, also the packages containing "gstreamer" and "dev" in
their name, I have also tried to make new "gmarshal.h" file that is
just including the one from glib-2.33.1 folder... but failed at all.

My question is really simple:
How can I make gstreamer_ndk_bundle build use the glib sources from
the folder I have downloaded (glib-2.33.1), and not the
sources/binaries from where ever it is trying to use them?

Also, I have found someone mentioning that I should install
gstreamer-devel package to fix these errors, but where I can find that
package?

I am using Ubuntu 12.4 for this task, and my linux experience is 3/10
roughly... :)

Thanks in advance!
Marko Matic