Recording video via c++ example/tutorial/guide?

Chris Warner inhies at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 21:14:11 PDT 2012

Greetings all,
I have recently gotten back in to c++ programming and I would like to try
recording from v4l2src to a file. I have a command line pipeline figured
out, but I haven't been able to find any kind of recording example that
uses the native GStreamer bindings. I did find
this<http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/qt-gstreamer/html/examples_2recorder_2main_8cpp-example.html>
which is great but I was hoping to accomplish the same thing using only
gstreamer.

I know my next step is to start experimenting with the bindings but if
anyone knows of a guide/tutorial/example program to get me started I would
greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.