mpegtsmux in 1.02 - h264 SPS/PPS?

gimmeamilk gimmeamilkbttf at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 17:44:16 PDT 2012

Hi,

The following pipeline (to turn .mp4 into .ts) works fine for me in
GStreamer 0.10:

    gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=/tmp/temp.mp4 ! qtdemux  ! h264parse !
mpegtsmux name=mux ! filesink location=/tmp/output.ts

But the same pipeline with GStreamer 1.0.2 produces an output.ts that VLC
won't play. As far as I can see in the TS output, there don't seem to be any
SPS/PPS startcodes (they are present in the output from 0.10).

The output from the h264parse element appears to be identical between the
two versions.

I looked at the source for the latest mpegtsmux, and there is no longer any
mention of SPS/PPS anywhere. In fact, a whole file mpegtsmux_h264.c seems to
have disappeared.

How does new mpegtsmux work in this respect? Do I need to add extra things
upstream in the pipeline? Or add properties to mpegtsmux?

Thanks.