Status of support for Apple HLS

Ganapathy Vijay ganapathy_vijay at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 4 22:33:01 PST 2012

Hi,

I am looking to add apple HLS support to an application I am developing. Would like to get some inputs on the options available in Gstreamer for the same.

There is an
hlsdemux plugin which seems to implement the apple HLS protocol. I also came
across the following link which mentioned about a work submitted by Nokia and
CMI to the gstreamer group for approval. Can someone tell me if this work is
already approved? If so the plugin name and if not when would this be available
part of the gstreamer package?

http://www.cmi.aau.dk/News/Show+news/gstreamer---now-with-apple-s-adaptive-hls.cid67849

I would really appreciate any inputs on this.

Regards,
- Vijay