UDP Payloader

Michael Rubinstein mrubinstein at rai-dev.com
Mon Nov 5 13:47:03 PST 2012

I apologize for reposting, but my last message fell thru the cracks.

We need to send MPEG Transport Stream packets using UDP with seven TS
packets per UDP packet.  Each UDP packet needs to be 7 * 188 = 1316 bytes.
Also the UDP packets need to be transmitted at a constant rate, not in a
burst.

The buffers that are produced by mpegtsmux are large.

Is there a way to do this that I missed?

Would it be better to change mpegtsmux , write a "Payloader" or something
else?

Thanks,

Michael Rubinstein