Good example to show usage of tee

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Wed Nov 7 07:31:27 PST 2012

On Wed, 2012-11-07 at 06:01 -0800, Baby Octopus wrote:

> I'm a gstreamer newbie. I'm writing my own application where in I read from
> a 1920x1080 YUV file, resize it into different dimensions namely 1280x720,
> 800x480 and 640x360 and then encode each of these resolutions. I want to
> connect "filesrc" to 3 different resizer element. I know this is possible
> using a tee element. However, I have not been able to find a good example
> which demonstrates one such usage. Please throw some light on this

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src ! tee name=t \
    t. ! queue ! videoscale ! video/x-raw,width=640,height=480 ! \
            videoconvert ! autovideosink
    t. ! queue ! videoscale ! video/x-raw,width=360,height=240 ! \
            videoconvert ! autovideosink -v

(if you're still on 0.10, replace videoconvert with ffmpegcolorspace and
gst-launch-1.0 with gst-launch-0.10).

The same should work with different inputs as well of course, and you
can add more t. ! queue ! ...  branches.

 Cheers
  -Tim